Friday, August 23, 2013

SINGLE

     Today, I had one of the most wonderful convictions so far. During one of my random dates with God, He reminded me of my value. Of our value. For once, this post would be more about the ladies. Ladies, this is HIS message for you...

During my date with our Heavenly Father, He reminded me something through this verse:

"How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from the hills of Gilead. Your teeth are like a flock of sheep just shorn, coming up from the washing.Each has its twin; not one of them is alone. Your lips are like a scarlet ribbon;your mouth is lovely.Your temples behind your veil are like the halves of a pomegranate."
 -Song of Songs 4:1-3
   


    Well, I do not know how that made you feel, but it made me all gushy up inside. I mean seriously, The GOD of everything sees us this way? Our eyes are compared to doves-one of the most beautiful creatures filled with peace and purity. That is what HE sees in HIS eyes. I can honestly elaborate on all these descriptions and it would still not justify the beauty that GOD sees through HIS eyes. If only, we choose to open our eyes that we could see what HE sees, but though HIS word, it is explicitly expressed. Ladies, we are always beautiful in HIS eyes. Let us own that. Honestly beauty is something that Satan has stole from us and replaced it with insecurity. Think about it, why on earth would we feel compelled to look a certain way in a certain place? We lack confidence and we're filled with insecurity. For the longest time, this has been my struggle. I was painfully insecure about who I am that I NEVER saw myself as beautiful, that is until GOD told me I was and revealed that HE did not create anything and anyone displeasing in HIS eyes. I mean, can you look at that verse? Could we be more beautiful? Friends, we are reflectors of HIS beauty and glory! Remember that every time we have our ugly moments, cause I'm telling you, it will come, Satan will take every opportunity he could to discourage us. That's why we have to allow GOD to save us every day that we may be reminded that we are reflectors of HIS beauty and glory. You are radiantly beautiful ladies. You are. Never forget that. 
   
Not only does this verse remind me of the beauty that God generously gave each of us but also; He reminded me that we, HIS princesses are worth pursuing. The reason why women has a higher threshold for patience (men, no offense but you guys are pursuers and not the ones being pursued) is because we were designed to wait and not to pursue. We were created by our Heavenly Father to be pursued and not to pursue.

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord."
-Proverbs 18:22

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." -Genesis 2:24

--there are so many other verses wherein GOD has commanded MAN to pursue WOMEN and not the other way around. I am not talking about being legalistic here, but it is only right that women should wait, even if you check it in a psychological perspective; women are more patient than men. There are so many researches conducted to prove this. It isn't a theory it is a fact. It is in our nature to patiently wait. Today, God has encouraged me to always, always, always be patient and wait for HIS perfect timing. Though I know that we have all heard this before, it does not make it less true. We are HIS princesses and we deserved to be pursued by a prince. and not just any prince, a Prince of God. A prince who will lead us mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Men are made to be leaders, so they should lead their partners and wives and children closer to GOD. Hey, we're talking about Princes here, they should be spiritually mature to lead a family and most especially HIS wife. He should bring her closer to God. Now that is someone who's worth the hand of a Princess.

As women, we were lead to believe that we should aim to have a "happily ever after" type of life or live a life of a Disney Princess-hey I too am guilty of this. For the longest time, I wanted to be Ariel or Repaunzel because these two are my favorite princesses. That is why for the longest time, Eric was my favorite guy name; but today, I was convicted by the Holy Spirit that instead of aiming to be a Disney Princess, I should aim to be a Heavenly Princess--an identity and a right that has been bestowed to us by the Most High. I most definitely should live a life of a Heavenly Princess, and starting today, I am going to. Join me in this journey my sisters. Let's live a life the way our King wants us to live. Free and within HIS dwelling. 

   For the mean time, we should focus on GOD and allow HIM to cleanse and purge everything that needs to be cleansed out. Being single is a season of preparation and focus and fulfillment. Preparation for marriage, focus on GOD and fulfillment in the things that we want to do before we settle down. Maybe go on a mission trip, go sky diving, live in a foreign country, watch musical plays, eat the greasiest burger you can find --do whatever you want and experience this glorious world that GOD has blessed us with. Life just gets better and better; so before going to the next step which is marriage and having a family, why not enjoy this lovely season we're in. This is the season wherein we get to have time with GOD and our family. Focusing our everything on God and fulfilling our mission in HIM while we are single. Delight in the Lord. Enjoy this season, never allow the lie of Satan take over our single season. It is never too late once everything is in God's hands. Enjoy this season, delight in HIM. Trust HIS timing and Believe HIS promises.

"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
 and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels" 

-Isaiah 61:10



Friends, we are all beautiful and most importantly, we are worth a LOT. :) Have a wonderful day Beloved Princesses! All GLORY to GOD!

Stay Blessed,
Koko

1 comment:

  1. came across this.. and I just wanna say, its beautiful. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete