Tuesday, May 13, 2014

ONE

I am the one who knows you, I am the one who cares, I am the one who's always been there. I am the one whose helped you, and if you think that I just don't give a damn, well, you just don't know who I am. -I AM THE ONE (Next To Normal)



These are the lyrics to one of the best musicals to date. A Tony Award winning musical, nominated for 11 Tonys and won 3! It also won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. I know that this musical had its broadway premiere a few years ago, April 2009 to be exact, but it isn't until today that the gravity of this song was fully revealed to me. While listening to it, It just reminded me of how God acts in our lives. As human beings, we can be so selfish at times, well, to be honest, most of the time, we are generally selfish. We act like no one understands us, no one feels our pain, no one knows how we exactly feel whenever we have our down days, or when we have been ridiculed, persecuted, hurt, depressed and alone. We always isolate ourselves from our peers, especially to God. And at moments like these, this is when Satan starts plays an active part in our lives. This musical contains such a powerful message. The songs are really amazingly written and unfortunately, I haven't experienced the privilege of watching live broadway musicals, yet, but I'll get there, someday. It's part of my faith goals, so, someday. I'll watch broadways musicals live, and I'm holding on to that because nothing is impossible with God and without HIM, I'll never get to that point of my life without Him. But, before I get truly side tracked, let me go back to my point. I want to magnify the strong message of this song first. (For those who haven't watched the musical yet, this post might contain spoilers, so fair warning) Anyway, I expose myself to musicals because of online resources. Which is awesome for people like me. (I'll post another entry about faith soon)

As human beings, we have this tendency of being so self absorbed, this is why we feel neglected, depressed, insignificant, and insecure at times, hey, it happens, in at least one point in our lives, we feel these things,

why? Because satan is pathetic and devious. satan uses everything he can to steal the glory and light of God in us. And he uses this part of our character to his advantage, by making us feel that no one cares about us, that no one loves us as much as we love them, that no one cares, satan can make us feel as unimportant and insignificant if we allow him to. It's true, satan can just go as far as dangling temptations and whispering lies in our ears because he can't touch us, why? Because GOD is awesome and satan sucks. God is always with us and HIS glory and spirits lives in us, and now you're thinking that if this is so, then why are we still tempted? Well, because, we are human beings and sometimes, we ignore the promptings of the Holy Spirit because we're just too tempted. Let me just inject this topic a bit, being filled with the Holy Spirit is important, because our flesh is weak so our Spirit must be strong and fully backed up by the Holy Spirit. How do we do this? Talk to God, constantly. Hey, I'm not gonna be legalistic and tell you to do this and that to be filled with the Spirit. I strongly believe that our relationship with God is personal, so whatever and however way you communicate with God, do it as often as you can and of course, if in the time when you're deeply immersed in HIS presence, He asks you to open your bible, then do it. Your relationship with God is personal. So, however it works for you, I personally don't read my bible daily and memorize all the verses verbatimly, I don't but during what I call my "daily date" with God, when HE leads me to a verse, then, I open my bible and read it and tada, a revelation works, Sometimes, God is so awesomely spontaneous that during my chill time, like this, listening to a musical soundtrack, HE speaks and asks me to open up my bible for HIS revelation, then I do it. Your relationship with God is personal, so again, whatever works for you. Of course, make sure that whatever is revealed is backed up by the word of God. THAT IS IMPORTANT. It kinda validates the revelation in a way. I am sharing this because God speaks whenever HE wants to, so be sensitive to HIS Spirit and promptings.



 The chorus of the song "I AM THE ONE" from the Tony Award Winning musical Next To Normal reminded me of, of course, THE ONE, GOD. At our darkest moments and times, we always feel that we are alone, that no one understands us and no one is ever there for us. He knows us, and He is "I am the one "And provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning and the garment of praise instead of a spirit of dispair. The will be called oaks of Righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His SPLENDOR"- Isaiah61:3) God is the one who never leaves us, who loves us unconditionally that HE sent HIS sinless son to save, restore and renew us. Yes, it is possible to be build up again, He never leaves, no matter how disgraceful, hideous, dirty and unforgivable we think we may be, God still loves us. He still cares, He is still willing to forgive us, to grant us peace, to comfort us, to be with us as we grieve and rejoice. Even if we choose the dark side at times, He will always be by our side until we choose to see HIS light, isn't that sweet? He, the GOD of everything stays with us in our darkest moments and patiently waits for us to choose HIM and to see HIM- just like the song says "I am the one who holds you. I am the one who'll stay, I am the one who won't walk away". Even if we turn our backs at HIM, He would never do that to us, No matter how badly we hurt and disappoint HIM, He will never make us feel even one fourth of the pain that HE felt when we damaged HIS heart. No one knows pain as much as God, and still, despite us blaming HIM at times, HE still loves us, He still forgives and HE still choose to help and heal us. Yes, HE IS that PERFECT. Our merciful, loving, heavenly and benevolent God. That is just how HE is, Who HE IS. And whenever we doubt that, well, as the song goes "Well, you just don't know who I am."
who holds you, I am the one who stays, I am the one who won't walk away, I am the one who'll heal you, and now you tell me that I won't give a damn, well, you just don't know who I am... Cause I'm holding on and I won't let go" These words are so powerfully strong because it embodies how much God cares for us, and whenever HE tells us these things but still believe the lies of satan as he says that he is the one who cares for us just because he keeps us in our comfort zones and lures us to a place where we can find temporary peace and boosts our endorphines that makes us temporarily happy, LIES. We are human, yes, and we do give-in to these temptations, why? because we are weak, then after we give in, guilt comes in, then we become more depressed and sad than before, plus, we're suddenly filled with this gut wreching shame that we let go of the one who truly cares and love us because, satan is done having his fun with us, so, he will just bombard us with more and more shame that we would sometimes hide our faces from God. Pull away from HIM. This is a stupid gesture because we all know that we can never hide from God, He created everything so HE knows exactly where to find us, and unlike satan, God cleanses our sin, He can build us up again and restore the true being that we are in HIM. ("The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; HE delivers them from all their troubles." -Psalm 34:17)

Our GOD has and will forever be this way, so whenever we feel like we've done something so unforgivable, so filthy, so damaging, remember that HE is the one who knows you, HE is the one who cares, HE is the one who's always been there, HE is the one whose helped you...HE is the one is the one who holds you, He is the one who'll stay, He is the one who won't walk away. and whenever we think that God doesn't hear our cry, or know how we feel, well, the MORE we have to seek HIM that we may be reminded that HE knows and hears every cry of our hearts ("Before they will call, I will answer; while they are still speaking, I will hear" - Isaiah 65:24)

We are never alone, because God is ALWAYS with us, through our highlights and plot twists, HE is with us, HE IS THE ONLY ONE who will always be constant in our lives, never failing, never fading, but ALWAYS REIGNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment