Sunday, April 28, 2013

Grace

    It's funny how the enemy uses his greatest temptation on our most vulnerable stage.
    There are more than a few moments in my life when this happened. Tempation that leads to disappointment and results to discouragement. Hey, it happens. More often than we think. The truth is, discouragement and disappointment doesn't have to be huge to be noticed. It does not only come in a mellow dramatic-soap opera type of scene in our lives to be considered as a "scene". Little disappointments can lead to major discouragement too. Like unintentionally raising your voice to your sibling, schoolmate, officemate, family member. Sure, you may or may not notice the 'sin' at first, but the moment you've done it, you then realize that you've done something wrong. I find myself in this situation all the time. And how do I respond? I top it off by commiting another sin, I blame myself and, then again, give in to the chief accuser's greatest lie; condemnation.
    The truth as we all know is that NOBODY is perfect. Our Father God has recently revealed one the most comforting and greatest truth of all, we need Him. Always. All the time. In EVERY moment of our lives. God recently pointed out something so mind-blowing which is why I had to write this down; as I was begging and asking for forgiveness about my previous disappointment, He, as always comforted me and finally said...

"My child,Why are you so surprised? I am here, you need me"

   That statement alone blew my mind. Yes, why am I so surpised that I sinned when the fact of the matter is, I am a sinner. That is the main reason why we need Jesus. Now, don't start twisting my words around, just because we are sinners, it does NOT give us the lisence to sin and indulge into all ungodly acts. Can you imagine how chaotic this world would be if that was the case? The point is, we are sinners, which is why we need a Savior. This is where Grace and Wisdom comes in. God gifted us with Mercy, Grace and Forgiveness that we would never feel and be  condemned. Jesus died on the cross for all of us so that we would never be held prisoners of sin, instead, be FREE in Christ.
   The main point is, NEVER blame yourself to the point of altering your identity in Christ. We, my friends are all reflectors of Christ not Satan. Our identity is free in Christ. Never allow Satan to keep you captive by reminding you about your past. The old has gone.
"I have been crucified with Christ and I longer live, but Christ lives in me" -Galatians 2:20

"The old has gone and the new has come" -2Corinthians5:17b

   The past is called the past for a reason. It's done and finished. Our past can never hurt us unless we allow it to. Be assured that Satan will do everything he can to remind us of our past and keep us condemned in the sin that we've done. Don't allow it. Our past is  just a part of us, but our past does Not define us. Christ defines us. We are who we are in Christ. We are sinners with a Savior. No more disappointment, discouragement and depression. I'm not saying that we will never feel these three things anymore, it will still come once in a while because the devious serpent never stops, but try to use that discouragement as an encouragement instead. God has granted us authority overall the earth, now, use that authority to change perspectives. Instead of focusing on problems and getting discouraged, focus on God and meditate on His promises instead. Life might get you down, but it doesn't have to stay that way. When disappointment comes, try using it as a stepping-stone to better things. Choose to face disappointment at its onset by meditating on God's ways. Ask for His Grace and He will defeat disappointment.

    Life can be discouraging sometimes but God's Word is always encouraging, overcome the discouragement by seeking HIM.

"I meditate on your percepts and consider Your ways" -Psalm119:15

Stay BLESSED.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment