Monday, April 22, 2013

Assurance

"Now FAITH is CONFIDENCE in what we hope for, and ASSURANCE about what we do not see" -Hebrews 11:1

    I woke up today, light headed, dizzy, nauseous. It is a feeling that I have felt before. An unpleasant feeling for sure, but I made one of the biggest mistakes, instead of asking for healing, I just rushed into the day. I had work, I had to prepare, I had to make breakfast, I had so much to accomplish today, but I neglected ONE of the most important things to do before anything else. I did not spare any time to stop everything and pray. 
   As my day began, I was preparing for work, in a rush, still feeling all these unpleasant feelings. I suddenly had this head rush, this throbbing pumping pain on the right side of my head. Not good I thought. But still considering and thinking I'm fine, I can do this I still continued prepping for work. Before leaving I decided to take my blood pressure cause I can feel the unwanted physical feelings escalating into something worse, and lo and behold. My bp shot up to 180/120. Thinking and considering the huge factor that I might have made a mistake while taking my bp, I took it again. Same result. I started to feel the panic. My heart began racing, I felt like I was going to pass out. I stood up and started pacing. I didn't want to sit down because the more I tried to calm myself and rest, the more nauseous I felt, I drank lots and lots and LOTS of water, ate banana just calm myself down. It was shocking. Everyone was asleep here at home and I didn't want to wake anyone up at 4:00 in the morning. I'll be honest, I felt scared. Scared of what could happen, Scared of what might happen. Finally, I sat down, and did that ONE thing that I should have started my day with. I prayed, I worshiped my Father, I called on to HIM and asked for HIS healing and HIS comfort. And of course, as always, He answered my prayer. He comforted me like no one else could and HE assured me that HE is with me through HIS word:
'This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.' -Haggai 2:5 
   The moment I read HIS word, all the anxiety in me faded. All my fears and worries, gone. He reminded me that HIS Spirit with me and that I should have called unto HIM since the very beginning. Now, my bp has dropped down to 160/100. It is still quite high, but it is better than what I had this morning. I feel a little better now, but rest is still much needed. Sure I was not able to come to work, sure I did call in sick but at least, I have HIS word in me. I don't know what will happen next, I still have a LOT of things to accomplish, but you know what, I am not worried. He made a promise and I know that HE will keep that promise 

No comments:

Post a Comment